Lifeline (Click Here for Lifeline Forms)What is Lifeline Support?
Lifeline is a government assistance program that helps lower the cost of monthly service for eligible, low income households. You may use the Lifeline benefit for your home phone or cell phone, but not both. There is only one lifeline service available per household. Lifeline service is non-transferable. The name on the account must match the name on the benefits, unless the person receiving the benefits is a dependant.
Initial Certification and Annual Re-certification Requirements
Prior to activation, customers must complete an initial certification form and provide documentation demonstrating current participation in a qualifying program or income level. Lifeline customers are required to confirm that they remain enrolled in a Lifeline eligible program each year in order to keep receiving the benefits. It is mandatory to complete the Annual Certification form and return it to keep the same, great low rate you currently have.
List of Documents Allowed For Proof of Benefit
Program Based Documents
- Current or prior year’s statement of benefits from a qualifying state, federal or Tribal program.
- A notice letter of participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal program.
- Program participation documents ex. SNAP transfer card or Medicaid card (copy)
- Official document showing the customer’s participation in a qualifying state, federal, or Tribal program.
Income Based Documents
- Prior year’s tax return
- Current income statement from an employer or paycheck stub
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veteran's Administration statement of benefits
- Retirement/Pension statement of Benefits
- Unemployment/Workmen’s compensation statement
- Notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Divorce decree, child support award, or other official document containing income information
Lifeline is a government assistance program that is only available to eligible customers, and may not be transferred. Service is provided by True Wireless, LLC.
State Tariff Information